Saturday, May 3, 2008

And just when I planned to stop smoking!

Earth may get respite from global warming!
That's what I read in the newspaper yesterday.
According to a study done by some German scientists, global warming in the next decade because of a natural shift in ocean circulations but they say that Earths temperature will keep rising as expected over a longer period.
The scientists believe that an impending change in the Gulf Stream, that is the conveyor belt that transports warm surface water from the tropical Atlantic to the northern Atlantic and returns cold water southwards at depth( does anybody understands all this?).
Apparently all this will lead to cooler temperatures in North Atlantic and in North America and Europe and helps the temperatures in the tropical pacific to remain stable.

I hope no one will be angry with me now when I decide to wait a few more weeks before I stop smoking as part of my contribution to stop Global warming!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=775df951d3a1e3ed9c319416e4ab94a3 ss_blog_claim=775df951d3a1e3ed9c319416e4ab94a3