Friday, May 30, 2008

My Favorite Top 10 Movies Of All Time

When I look around on the internet for a list of best movies of all times I find lists that look strange to me. Movies that I didn’t expected in the list where in the top 20 and movies that I expected where not in there.
Offcourse, when it comes to choosing the best movie of all times is very subjective and the outcome will be different for every person.
One of my rules is, how many times can you watch the same movie before you really get tired of it?
Anyway this is my top ten. I have to say that it might look different in a few years.

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy: Based on the book of Tolkien and directed by Peter Jackson, following the hobbits in their quest against evil. And saying that Jackson never made a big hit movie before, very impressive.
2. Forrest Gump: Tom Hanks at his best. The life of Forrest Gump and a glimpse at American history. Super Funny!!I think my wife watched this one more than 15 times!
3. City of God(Cidade de Deus): A non Hollywood movie. The life in the Brazilian Slumps(Favelas). Most of the actors in the movie are actually not real actors but people from the Slumps. If you don’t like the Big Hollywood productions, this is a movie you have to see.
4. Casablanca: Back to the black and white movies. Released in 1942, starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Considered best Romantic movie of all times. Play it Sam!
5. E.T.: Can there be a list of good movies without a Steven Spielberg movie. You have got to love Aliens after this one. E.T. phone home!!
6. The Godfather: Directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Al Pacino, Robert Duval and Marlon Brando in his best role. Maybe the best Gangster movie together with Once Upon A Time In America, starring Robert De Niro.
7. Titanic(1997): Because James Cameron did such a great job recreating one of the most spectacular naval disasters in history. It’s my wife’s favorite movie.
8. The Exorcist: The most scariest movie I have ever seen in my life. I remember looking under my bed before I went to sleep after watching this movie, when I was a kid.
9. Lawrence of Arabia: Haven’t seen this one in a long time. Released in 1962, considered as one of the greatest movies of all times.
10. The Goonies: I know, this one is probably not even in the top 500 of all times. Call it nostalgia. By far my favorite movie when I was a kid. Another great Spielberg movie.

Well, I think there wont be too many people agreeing with me on this one, but that’s what I mean with Subjective!!!!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=775df951d3a1e3ed9c319416e4ab94a3 ss_blog_claim=775df951d3a1e3ed9c319416e4ab94a3