Monday, May 19, 2008

Polar Bears


I had no Idea what to write today until I watched Dr. Dolitle.
Eddy Murphy stars in this movie as a veterinarian who can talk with the animals.
By working together with the animals they save the forest.
So I started browsing a little bit on the internet. I just typed in " endangered animals". Well, I got quite a long list of websites. And I started to get the feeling that there might be more endangered animals than not endangered animals.
I found a very good website about polar bears.
The Polar Bear is the world's largest land carnivore and is threatened by global warming and the destruction of it's natural habitat.The Polar Bear could be extinct within 30 years.
Polarbears International is probably the most complete resource of information on the Polar Bears.
Their slogan is : Conservation through Research and Education!
You find all the Polar Bear facts, Status Reports and even a Bear Tracker where you can track the movement of satellite collared bears on the Beaufort Sea.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=775df951d3a1e3ed9c319416e4ab94a3 ss_blog_claim=775df951d3a1e3ed9c319416e4ab94a3